Let me teach you the Tao of Jeanne early…. thou shalt love sugar… dipped in sugar… with sugar sprinkles and a cherry on top. Oh yeah… I like sugar… A LOT! I learned early on that dessert is not just made for an after dinner treat… sometimes… desert and dinner become one and the same. In that moment…. all is right in my world. Don’t get me wrong, I do enjoy my vegetables just as much as the next adult out there. There is, however, this inner child in me that refuses to grow up. That child throws an internal temper tantrum if I attempt to walk away from sweets… and I hate to deny my inner child, after all. Seriously, I have to ask… is there a reason to outgrow delicious treats? Uh…. NO! No is the answer (in case you were wondering where I stand on this). This recipe should take care of even the worst sweet tooth. It has the added benefit of being super easy and quick, so it’s a great last minute treat to bring to your next gathering!
French Vanilla Cupcakes:
1 box of French Vanilla Cake Mix ( I like Duncan Hines with Pudding in the Mix)
3 large eggs
1/2c butter, melted
2T vanilla ( I love the flavor of Mexican Vanilla, personally)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, melted butter, vanilla & water. Mix on low speed for 1 minute, until all of the ingredients are combined, then, mix on high speed for one more minute.
- Line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners and fill each liner to about 3/4 full. Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until the center springs back when gently touched.
Marshmallow Buttercream Icing:
4c powdered sugar
1t almond extract
1t vanilla (again, I prefer using Mexican vanilla)
2T heavy cream
1 (13oz) jar of Marshmallow Fluff
- Cream butter in a mixing bowl, until light and fluffy.
- Add almond & vanilla extracts and cream
- Gradually, beat in powdered sugar, adding about 1/2c at a time.
- Once combined, fold in in the marshmallow fluff.
- Ice your cupcakes and ENJOY!!!!