When it comes to the weekdays, I don’t have as much time as I’d like to for my DIY Projects, but I still want to create something! As they say, something IS better than nothing, right? When it comes to these gorgeous little projects, no one will ever know they were your weekday quick fixes! These little projects are classy, fabulous and borderline genius in my book! There’s a little something for everyone here, from quickie terrariums to adorable DIY studded sandals. Each project takes literally less than 30 minutes to complete, so whether you’re looking for a quick project or a starter project, these babies fit the bill perfectly! Hope you enjoy these mid-week DIYs as much as I did!
1. Instant Photo Transfers Using a Blender Pen from Free People: The possibilities of this little DIY are endless. I had never heard of a blender pen until I checked out this post from the Free People Blog. These little miracle pens are downright genius, making it super easy to create amazing crafts from your photos in no time at all. I adore the cutting board they’ve created. I can see this being a great way to create personalized gifts (like, perhaps, for Mother’s Day…)!
2. 15 Minute Air Plant Terrarium from I Spy DIY: I don’t know about you, but I am definitely on board with the whole terrarium craze that seems to be popping up everywhere these days! One of the first places I ever saw terrariums used as household art was West Elm. Needless to say, I fell in love with the look and feel of what has been dubbed “living art.” This 15 minute air plant terrarium project is so easy, yet so classy! If you’ve been thinking about creating a terrarium, but weren’t sure where to start, try this project out and I promise, you’ll be hooked!
3. DIY Studded Sandals from a pair & a spare: Ok… Can I just say the moment I saw these sandals, they NEEDED to be in my closet! These cute, yet edgy, little sandals are absolutely perfect with everything from denim shorts to a LBD. I couldn’t believe they were SO easy and affordable to create myself! If you’re looking for your next pair of shoes for Casual Friday or Happy Hour, you’ve got more than enough time to DIY these soon to be fashion staples!
4. Dyeing with Kool-Aid from The Crafted Life: This is yet another DIY technique with endless possibilities; dyeing with Kool-Aid. This is the perfect technique for creating a water colored ombre feel to your project. This particular DIY project uses the technique for a planter, but this could easily be used in so many other crafts. I would love to see it used on something like wrapping paper! How gorgeous would that be?
5. Transfers Using Packing Tape from A Beautiful Mess: I had never heard of using this technique for doing transfers, but what a fantastic idea! They transferred their images onto a window, so that light could get through as well as onto white paper to accentuate the colors, but again… I can see so many ways this could be used in various projects. What about transferring images onto your own personalized journal? Hello… easy, functional and adorable!